Morning all. Another glorious Autumn day here in Michigan. It’s been cooler but still lovely and sunny for the past couple of days, and that inspired me when I was making my card for Sparkles Monthly Challenge for September, it definitely turned out with more that a passing nod at Autumn!
We have a fantastic sponsor for this month, none other than Lili of the Valley, who are offering a 10 GBP voucher to their fantastic online store.
I’ve used a lovely LOTV image on my card, it’s called Destiny’s Moon and this is the first outing for her.
I coloured her with Prisma pencils, lots of MS Fine Glitter (on her wings, stars and globe) and some little dots of Liquid Pearls. Her hair and skin are darker in real life, I always find the photo booth lights bleach them out a bit. The main backing paper is Memory Box, the smaller piece is DCWV.
The co-ordinating backing card is from The Paper Company. The lace is from JoAnns. The sentiment was embossed in gold directly on the plum DP.
The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch and the butterfly is a Memory Box die. After cutting them I put them all in the “spray booth”, a cardboard box!, and sprayed them with two colours of Smooch spray, one Perfect Pearls Mist and a Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist spray just for good measure! There’s also a single WOC rose in there too!
Please pop over to the Sparkles Monthly Challenge blog to see the lovely creations from my teamies. And if you’d like to play along this month, we’d love to have you, you can do so until the 13th October, so plenty of time to get your thinking hat on.
- Card: GinaK Pure Luxury White ~ The Paper Company coloured and kraft card
- DP: Memory Box Nightfall ~ DCWV Amber Autumn
- Stamps: LOTV Destiny’s Moon ~ Inkadinkado Expressions
- Ink: Colorbox Wicked Black ~ Versamark ~ DI Fired Brick
- Embellies: Martha Stewart Fine Glitter ~ Prisma Pencils ~ Smooch Spray ~ Perfect Pearls Mist Biscotti ~ Glimmer Mist Tuscan Sun ~ Wild Orchid Crafts rose ~ Lace and embossing powder from JoAnns ~ Liquid Pearls Buttercup
- Tools: MS Leaf Punch ~ Memory Box Pippi Butterfly die
LOTV ~ Use Ribbon or Lace and a LOTV image
Sketch and Stash ~ Current LO plus new MB die and paper and new LOTV stamp
Pixies Crafty Workshop ~ Use Up Your Scraps (GinaK card, Kraft card and plum DP piece)
Penny Black & More ~ Either use the sketch OR Autumnal Colours
My Time To Craft ~ Autumnal Colours
Bearly Mine Challenge ~ Colour Inspiration (Fall colours)
Cute Card Thursday ~ Hip To Be Square