This weeks challenge is a colour combo of blue, gold and cream. I thought this sounded hard at first, but I’d just bought a PB sticker set in these colours just three days before the challenge was announced, it was obviously meant to be, in fact, I enjoyed this so much that I ended up making two cards, and I’ll be entering the second one in a sketch challenge in a day or two!
I’ve had a wonderful three day crafting weekend as today is the official celebration of Martin Luther King’s birthday and the company I work for observes the date so I’m now on the tail end of a three day weekend…. and I crafted every day and had a blast. More on other days though, so stop back if you want to see what else I made.
This is my card for this week. Colours aren’t great as we’ve had a very dull and cloudy three days… Murphy’s Law strikes as it’s supposed to be lovely and sunny the rest of the week and I’ll be back at work!
The main image is a PB sticker and I coated the single bloom with dimensional glaze.
The stamping and button detail. I’m in two minds about whether I should change the ribbon in the button to navy or leave it gold? Any thoughts peeps? Blue or gold? I also chose an Old Gold type colour rather than a bright, brassy gold.
- Image: Penny Black sticker
- Stamp: From a The Paper Company clear set “Autumn Blessings”
- Card: 6 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ card blank ~ The Paper Company blue card ~ Bazzil Tapioca card
- Inks: Tsukineko Dewdrops Summer Sky & Blue Danube ~ Tim Holtz Antique Linen ~ Colorbox Q Gold Satin
- Tools: Fiskars border punch, Ranger Dimensional Glaze, foam dots, ribbon from stash ~ Button from a Rhonna Farrer box