I’ve received this wonderful award from the equally wonderful Paula at Paula’s Paper Playground, a new friend who I’ve met through nosying around her drawers!! Lol, it’s What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday really, but it equates to the same thing! Thanks sweetie!
To accept it one needs to follow these instructions:
1. Give a top 10 list of the things that makes you happy.
2. Give a top 5 list of trivia about yourself.
3. Share the award with only 5 persons and ask them to do the same thing.
4. Link the blogs you choose and link the blog of the person awarded you.
so here goes.
The top 10 things that makes me happy:
- My lovely husband
- My wonderful Mam (yes, I’m a Northerner!) and my family.
- Family history and discovering the amazing lives and journeys of those that went before me.
- A clear sunny day in the winter.
- Traveling, camping and exploring
- Kayaking – roll on Spring, I see my boat twice a day going in and out of the garage to go to work!
- 50% off coupons to the craft stores!
- Gardening and flowers, including the immense pleasure I get from growing things from seed.
- My hot water bottle!
- A perfect cup of coffee, made how I like it and shared with my husband and some tasty home made biscuits or cake.
5 bits of trivia about me –
- I love cars and previously spent over 9 years working at Aston Martin, and I volunteer my time during the summer weekends once a month, at a car racing track.
- My father died when I was just 5, it’s what started me off in family history years later, that whole feeling of not knowing.
- Andrew and I (my husband) got lost coming down off a mountain in Turkey many years ago, darkness fell so suddenly. We were taken in for the night by an old peasant farmer and his wife who spoke no English and lived in a two roomed traditionally built house with a dirt floor, a small bottled gas stove and no running water. It remains one of the most amazing experiences in my life.
- I’m a lifelong member of Greenpeace and once got ejected from a large supermarket in the UK for putting “No Way Norway” stickers over food products from Norway, to raise other consumers awareness when that country refused to stop whaling in the early 90’s.
- I’m as stubborn as the day is long! Can’t help it, it’s the Capricorn in me!
And who to pass it on too….
Maddy of course, who has such faith in my knitting abilities!
The lovely Barbara at Warm Woollen Mittens.
Buddy, that lovely bundle of Golden Deliciousness who resides with Kath (yes, I’m giving a blog award to a dog!!).
Nicks at Nicks Altered Art, because she makes me howl! Sometimes with laughter too!
Liz at Love Those Cupcakes, who apparently I have inspired enough to make dig out her rubber stamps and inks again! Yay, way to go Liz! Plus, she lives in a most beautiful, and dear to my heart, corner of England.
That was fun, thanks for thinking of me Paula!