An easy challenge this week over at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, make an easel card, which quite co-incidentally is exactly what I had decided to do this weekend as I haven’t made one before! We can use any image, colour or embellishments we choose, just as long as there’s Penny Black in there some where. Oddly enough, considering a) I love PB and b) I was all gung-ho about making an easel card…. I really don’t like it! Not sure if it’s my mood (I have a bit of a headache) or what it is, but I don’t think it’s right and I don’t know how to fix it. Not even sure if I want to fix it! Of course, I could come back to it in a few days time and absolutely love it, but right now it’s just not working for me. But I’ll show it to you anyway!
About the only thing I’m loving are the bright colours, I really like orange and purple together. I also love the concept of the easel card so will definitely make more, and they’re so simple too.
- Card: The Paper Company
- DP: Yello dotty paper from Making Memories “English Garden” ~ Large flower pattern “40’s Farmhouse” from Recollections ~ Red and orange small flowered glitter paper DCWV “Citrus Stack”
- Stamps: PB image from “Micey Day” clear set ~ Sentiment from The Paper Company Studio “Coffee Cafe”
- Inks: DI ink Concord Grape & Spiced Marmalade ~ Tuskineko Memento ~ Colorbox Q Royal Silk for the sentiment
- Embellies: Prima flowers ~ Gold & purple ribbon from Michaels ~ Gems from Michaels ~ Adhesive paper trim from Trim w/Flair “Citrus Tree” ~ Black pen
- Tools: Clear embossing powder ~ foam dots ~ MS punch around the page punch set ~ McGill Pine Branch punch ~ Fiskars corner rounder punch ~ Zig Water colouring brush ~ Bow Easy