A lovely, simple theme of “Check It Out” over at the challenge this week, basically use checks on your card. You could use ribbon, checked paper or have checks on your image somewhere. I went for both the DP and ribbon, and managed to double up on the paper too! I was in a very Spinglike mood with the beautiful warm weather and the birds singing right outside my craft room window, so I decided to go for happy, bright, girly colours with lots of flowers too!
You can see how bright and sunny it was, it’s just creeping in to the top of the photo! I actually took these photos outside on the sun lounger, and as soon as I was done I grabbed me some quality time by lazing around for an hour in my shorts and a tank top! Bliss, but my face was a bit red at work yesterday!!
I tried to set the image up like a little picture, complete with ribbon to hang it from in the middle, and the bow as the picture hook! The little shell pink flowers were picked up for 99c a bunch in the bridal department at Michaels some weeks ago and worked out perfectly. The image was water coloured using pencils and the daisy centers have yellow stickles on them.
- Card blank: 6 1/2 x 5 1/4″ Recollections brand
- DP: DCWV Spring Mat Stack 2008 (backing piece) and 2009 (red/pink checks) ~ Pale blue mat is also DCWV
- Stamps: Penny Black Micey Day clear set ~ Sentiment from Stampendous Small Words
- Embellishments: Flowers and ribbon from Michaels ~ Yellow Stickles
- Tools: Watercolour pencils ~ McGill Fern punch ~ Marvy Oak Leaf punch ~ Fiskars Corner Rounder punch ~ Bow Easy