I’m excited to be joining in with my first HM challenge this week. I love these little stamps, they’re so incredibly detailed and just plain gorgeous, so far I only have the four HM, but the Happy Hoppers (bunnies) and the Gruffies (bears) look wonderful too. I can see I’m going to have to sneak a few more of them into the house!! Pity the only place I can get that at locally is Hobby Lobby as it’s a bit of a detour from work, but obviously worth it.
Anyway, I searched online at the weekend for a House Mouse Challenge Blog and found that there is one out there, they run challenges every two weeks on a Monday and this suits me better than weekly ones to be honest. This weeks challenge was to use a recipe: 1 Ribbon, 2 DP’s and 3 Flowers, and this is my card, had to take it with the flash, so will try and upload a better photo taken in the daylight at the weekend:
Edit – Added new photo!
I stamped up my four stamps on Monday and have done some colouring in of the images, this one uses pencils. The stamp is called “Make A Wish” but I thought it would also make a great Father’s Day Card, I mean, these little mice aren’t gender specific and the adult mouse is helping the little baby mouse with the candle in the kind of a way a good Dad would help his offspring, besides it makes the stamp more usable to me if I can get more mileage out of it.
So, the details…. Nesties of course, leaving the mouses tail hanging outside the cut line, the flowers are Prima and they’re not really quite that bright, especially the orangey one it’s a bit more toned down IRL but the flash caught it, the brads are Making Memories and the sentiment is computer generated, cut out with a Marvy oval punch and edged with TH Aged Mahogany.
- Card: 6 1/2 x 5″ card blank ~ Bazzil cardstock ~ Canson water colour pad ~ The Paper Company cream scrap (for the sentiment)
- DP: ~ The green piece from Making Memories Poolside and Greenhouse ~ Stripes from DCWV Flower Shower 2009 matstack
- Image: House Mouse Make A Wish
- Inks: Stazon Black ~ TH Antique Linen & Aged Magonany
- Embellishemnts: Ribbon from Michaels ~ Prima Flowers ~ Making Memories brads ~ Tsukineko black pen – Coloured pencils
- Tools: Nesties ~ Cuttlebug ~ Computer ~ Embossing Tool (I don’t have the correct mat to emboss the Nesties with the Bug yet!) ~ Marcy Uchida oval punch
OK, I’m off to link it up, wish me luck!! There’s also a DT member call out for this blog but I’m not ready for that yet!! Maybe another time I”ll be brave and put my name down!