Oh how good it is to be back making cards in my little room upstairs. You have no idea how happy and content I’ve been this evening, getting good and inky with home a made background, beautiful PB stamps and pretty designer paper, it’s felt like coming home! Finally!
So on to the challenge, a sketch from the good old Penny Black Saturday crew. I’ve really missed this challenge too, especially as I’ve expanded (just a little!) my PB stamp collection, and after a quick email chat with the lovely Dick from PBStamps…. well, I’ve gone and expanded it a bit more too!! Roll on the weekend when I hope my new stamps will have arrived!!
This was the great sketch from Janneke:
And here’s my take on it, a birthday card for my BIL for the end of June:
The center panel was made from a number of DI’s and two Momento inks, it looks really splodgy in the photo but it doesn’t IRL! I blame the fact that the sun has gone behind the trees and was casting strange beams of light on the deck! I don’t know what else to tell you as it’s honestly not that bad IRL!! I built the colours up in layers, spritzing a bit of water on here and there and then finishing off with a spray of Glimmer Mist.
The lovely papers are from four different pads and three different manufacturers! The main stamp is obviously the Penny Black, and the flourish is from a Recollections clear set. Recollections is Michaels own brand here in the USA and they offer some excellent things at great prices. This set of ten clear stamps retails for just $6.99, and they had them all on sale last week at 25% off. I inked up the PB stamp in Aged Mahogany, stamped it off and then re-inked with Momento Rhubarb Stalk.
There’s just a tiny bit of dimension to the card, not enough to warrant extra postage, I hear it’s getting crazy trying to send off home made cards to peeps in the UK, anything to make a bit of extra money out of you I suppose! The sentiment was generated on the computer and printed on a scrap of the matching home made (and not splodgy!) backing paper.
- Card: Kraft for the base (6″ x 6″) ~ The Paper Company green, cream and burgundy card stock
- DP: DCWV The Far East Stack (the backing piece) and Flower Shower (orange) ~ Papermania (green stripe) ~ Basic Grey (the red bit, I think, it was a small pad free on a magazine in the UK!)
- Ink: Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany and Vintage Photo ~ Momento Rhubarb Stalk and Potters Clay ~ ColorBox Q Pigment Black
- Stamps: PB Japanese Maple (3932K) ~ Recollections Formal Esque clear set
- Tools: Computer ~ Black pen ~ Glimmer Mist Tuscan Sun