A card for a couple of challenges today, the only one I managed to fully complete this weekend too, although there’s lots more on the go right now, including about seven full A4 sheets of newly stamped images to be coloured in. I had one of those odd weekends where there was a lot of interruptions and not a lot of “me” time in a single stretch, lots of popping in and out of the craft room which made it very hard to concentrate and get anything finished. I also think that’s why my card ended up more than a little funky to say the least, and my photography wasn’t much better either on Sunday!! I kept completely losing my train of thought!
The Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week was to make a “fruity” card, and Cherries Jubilee is my only PB fruity image, and I immediately thought of my Making Memories English Garden paper, which has strawberries on it. Had I taken the time to look through my paper stash I would have realised that a DCWV stack that I bought not too long ago has some cherry themed paper in it that would have worked better with the image. But never mind, strawberries, cherries they’re all red fruit, right?!
I’m also entering this card in The Stamp Man Challenge for this fortnight as they want to see an easel card this time round. I coloured the image with water colour pencils and dabbed around the edge with TH Stormy Sky which came out more gray than the blue I’d intended it to be, there’s also a little bit of stickles Lime Green on the cherry leaves but it doesn’t show up too well on these photos; I also used clear glaze on all the cherries, but that’s hard to spot too.
I definitely think I had a bit of button love going on! Took me forever to thread them all with embroidery thread, but I know that our Kath doesn’t like to see “naked” buttons!!
- Card: The Paper Company
- DP: Making Memories English Garden
- Stamps: PB Cherries Jubilee from the Micey Day clear set ~ InkadinkadoBirthday Cupcake clear set (sentiment)
- Ink: Stazon Black ~ Colourbox Q Pigment Black ~ TH Stormy Sky
- Embellies ~ Buttons, embroidery thread, dimensional sticker all from stash ~ Blue twill sticky ribbon from JoAnns ~ Gems from Michaels ~ Water colour pencils ~ Prima flower ~ Crystal and Lime Green Stickes ~ Ranger clear dimensional glaze ~ Clear embossing powder
- Tools: Nesties and Cuttlebug ~ Zig water brush ~ McGill Pine Branch punch