A first for me, an entry into another Christmas Challenge blog. Over at Bah Humbug this week they’d like you to use your favourite mediums to create your project. A very simple challenge in reality as my favourite mediums are definitely stamping and colouring with pencils, so it’s no surprise that that’s what I’ve done! My House Mouse stamps are my favourite ones to use right now, so it’s also no surprise that I’m using them either! I also do love bling with Christmas cards so have glittered it to within an inch of it’s life, and I also really like using non-traditional colours too, so I’ve worked that in as well.
My card uses House Mouse Warmth For Winter stamp featuring Amanda and Muzzy, and I played on that name for the sentiment too which is from the Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes clear set. There’s a lot of pink in this card and an awful lot of glitter too! After I ran the pink Bazzil through the Bug with the Snowflake embossing folder I applied a little bit of liquid glue to each snowflake and shook over some extra fine Martha Stewart glitter. I also edged the main panel with a glue pen and the same glitter, and coloured Muzzy’s socks, bobble hat and Amanda’s knitting with Stickles! A few little gems finishes it off, along with a little organza ribbon. It’s hard to take a good photo of a glittery card though.
The sentiment panel actually matches the card blank perfectly but the camera makes it look like a completely different colour!
- Card: Pink card blank ~ Bazzil light and dark pink ~ The Paper Company
- Stamps: House Mouse Warmth for Winter ~ Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes
- Ink: Stazon Black ~ Martha Stewart Hibiscus
- Embellies: Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter ~ Pencils ~ Gems from Michaels ~ Pink organza ribbon from JoAnns ~ Cotton Candy & Baby Blue Stickles ~ Snowflake Embossing Folder
- Tools: Cuttlebug ~ Foam dots ~ Tombow Aqua Glue ~ Zig Glue pen