There’s an amazing blog hop going on right now over at House Mouse And Friends as they celebrate their 2nd anniversary! The prize list is really amazing but as always, you have to be in it to win it, so here’s my card!
I really love this sweet image but I don’t know what it’s called. It was stamped by my bloggy buddy Paula and sent over to me from England, so if anyone can tell me it’s name, please let me know! Drives me nuts not to know! My OCD is kicking in to overdrive!! I even searched the HM official site but can’t find it, I know it’s from one of the unmounted Joanna Sheen sets, but that’s about all I know!
I’m really loving the autumn colours right now, so I stayed with that theme. The card is based on a sketch provided by DT member Lorraine but I flipped it around to better accommodate the image.
I watercoloured the image with Distress Inks and then used some regular pencils to give the little mouse some depth as I didn’t have enough mousey coloured DI’s! Love how it came out. I also edged it with Fruit Punch Stickles too. The lace was from JoAnns, the yummy flowers are Prima’s and the leaves are from Recollections, which is Michaels own brand. I love that quote from Wind In The Willows, little mousey seems to have taken it to heart too! Everything is edged in Spiced Marmalade DI and the yummy papers have been in my stash for ages so it was time to cut into them! They’re Sunrise Stripe from around the block and Petite Pink Posies from Paper Adventures.
And you might just spot in the first photo there’s something green just visible at the very top of the pic…. well, it’s a lovely gourd! We’ve just got back from a great weekend in Holland (Michigan!) and we picked up some pumpkins and a gourd at the Farmers Market and it just happened to be on the outside table! Looks like a giant pear! Stop back later in the week and I’ll show you some photos from the Pumpkin stall at the Market.
- Card Stock: The Paper Company
- DP: Sunrise Stripe from around the block ~ Petite Pink Posies from Paper Adventures
- Stamps: Joanna Sheen House Mouse ~ See D’s Nature Print set
- Inks: DI’s Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap, Bundled Sage & Antique Linen ~ Memento Rhubarb Stalk (sentiment)
- Embellies: Lace from JoAnn ~ Prima Flowers ~ Leaves and Gems from Recollections ~ Fruit Punch Stickles
- Tools: MS Punch ~ Zig Water brush ~ Foam dots ~ Pencils