Wow, now doesn’t that make a change!! In like Flynn at the last minute possible last week, and here today on the very day of the new challenge!
We had to make a Spooky Nights card for this weeks challenge. I was a bit stuck at first as I don’t own any PB Halloween images, but a quick browse through the packet of stamps Spyder (very fitting for Halloween!!) sent me turned up some lovely Halloween images. A quick trip to the local big store this morning for groceries and I came up trumps in their little crafty section with a little packet of die cut ghosties, plus, I’d already printed off some free Halloween/Fall coloured paper from Raspberry Road last week and had that sitting on my desk ready to go.
Not bad for my very first Halloween card ever! I actually used the same PB sketch from last week that team member Debby had provided as the print out was still sitting on my desk and I never really felt that last weeks rather rushed card did the lovely sketch any justice! Love how it came out this time though. The image was coloured with Distress Inks and a little bit of Stickles, I hand drew the spiders web and the spider, but you probably already guessed that as it’s way too straight and regimented!! The little ghosts are from Jolee’s, flowers by Prima and the ribbon came from Michaels. I threaded it with some yellow embroidery thread and ruched it up a bit.
I generated my little sentiment on the computer and I am rather proud of it!! Inspiration struck in the swimming pool of all places earlier today, and I completely lost count of how many laps I’d done!! It’s done in a free font I’ve had for ages called Bastarda!!
I decorated the inside too as Cardvaarks this week are looking for a card that is decorated both outside and in, and they’re being sponsored by Penny Black and have some amazing prizes available too. I decorated the inside with some of the free paper, part of the Trick or Treat image, rub-on’s from Doodlebug and some stamped words from an alphabet peg set I have.
- Card Stock: Recollections 6 1/2″ x 5″ card blank ~ The Paper Company cardstock
- DP: Free download from Raspberry Road
- Stamps: Penny Black Trick or Treat ~ Hampton Art Curlz Alphabet Peg Stamp Set
- Inks: Distress Inks in Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Stormy Sky and Broken China ~ Memento Gingerbread
- Embellies: Fruit Punch & Xmas Red Stickles ~ Prima Flowers ~ Ribbon from Michaels ~ Tsukineko Black Pen ~ Jolee’s Ghosts ~ DoodleBug Rub-Ons
- Tools: Computer ~ Marvy Scalloped Punch ~ Scalloped Nesties ~ Cuttlebug
This is also a second entry into Penny Black at Allsorts for the month of October where they still have their Autumn Colours challenge running.