First day of the year, first post of the year! New Year’s resolution perhaps? Or just coincidence!!! I think the latter.
Today I made a thank you card for some friends of ours that we were out with last night. We all agreed no gifts this year, but just before we left theirs last night they presented us with a gift bag! Just something very small, they said, it was on clearance and we really thought you’d like it, so don’t worry about it!! The gift turned out to be a lovely Amaryllis bulb with a tall, red pot, which is rather serendipitous as I’ve had my last Amaryllis for seven years and it’s flowed each year without fail… apart from this year, it’s just withered away and I had to throw it out! So I have a lovely new one to start off now.
So I made this card to send to our friends to say thanks. I wasn’t expecting any craft time today, especially as I was feeling very washed out and a bit head-achy due to the very late night, I only went in my room to drop off some things that had found their way downstairs! It was quite funny really as I didn’t emerge again for quite a while! When I posted my favourite cards of 2010 I realised that I’d been all gung-ho last year about making my own backing papers using the collage technique and then moved on to something else completely, so I decided to have another go. I stamped and embossed in white a French Script stamp and then used three Distress Inks over it to colour the paper in Stormy Sky, Broken China and Bundled Sage, before stamping a few more randomly placed images in contrasting colours and finally edging in Vintage Photo.
The focal image is from Stampendous and the sentiment is from a Penny Black clear set. I also used a Fiskars corner punch and a first outing for my new McGill tag punch which I got for Christmas. The centre of the flowers has a little Waterfall Stickles but the camera isn’t picking that up.
- Card Stock: Kraft from JoAnns ~ The Paper Company
- Stamps: Stampendous Agapanthus Long ~ Penny Black Illumination ~ Inkadinkado Dot Flourishes ~ Hero Arts Stencil Art ~ Studio G Series 39 ~ Stampabilities Le London Script
- Inks: DI Stormy Sky, Broken China, Bundled Sage & Vintage Photo ~ Memento Fluid Chalk Ink Night Sky & Gingerbread ~ Memento Dye Ink New Sprout ~ Versafine Black ~ Versamark Clear
- Tools: McGill Tag punch ~ Fiskars Corner punch ~ Cropodile ~ EP from Mad About Cards ~ Heat Gun ~ TH Ink Blenders
- Embellies: Twine and Light Green Gems from Michaels ~ Waterfall Stickles
Allsorts would like to see a Thank You card.
Cute Card Thursday also want to see a Thank You card.
And Incy Wincy Designs would like to see some Distressing.