What can I say? Apart from there’s snow on the ground and it’s -16C outside!! Besides, Mimi was calling me from the drawer telling me to ink her up and colour her in, and if I didn’t I’d have to deal with the Polar Bear! Yes, I know, I think the cold has addled my brain!
So Mimi saw ink, followed by water colour pencils and ink, and I have to admit I totally fell in love with her, such a little sweetie to colour. I never really saw the appeal of these cute little girl stamps, even though they’re very popular, I only bought her because she was on sale (oh the shame!), but my mind has now been changed and I’ll be looking out for more of her little friends. She’s a Penny Black btw, if anyone had any doubt!
I went for cool colours instead of the more traditional colours because one of the challenges wanted to see a blue and silver combination, it is an incredibly wintry combination and mimics perfectly the deep blue of todays sky and the glistening snow outside my window. I decided to make a frame for the focal image and so stamped snowflakes in different shades of blue and silver all across a sheet before using a Nesties Label Eight die to cut out the center piece, which can be used for another project.
I found the little acrylic snowflakes in my Christmas stash, they’re labeled up as sequins, but I hid the center holes with blue gems, some are holographic and really shiney! The sentiment is from a Fiskars clear set and is accented with punched silver branches and little blue flowers. There’s a bit of Stickles here and there, on the holly and berries, for the snow Mimi is standing in and a touch on the flowers too.
- Card: Michaels card blank & Silver card~ The Paper Company ~ Bristol board from JoAnn
- DP: DCWV Winter Stack
- Stamps: PB Winter Kiss ~ Fiskars Winter Wonderland ~ Inkadinkado ~ Paper Mania Stamp Duo
- Inks: ColourBox Q Quicksilver & Sapphire Blue ~ Memento Brilliance Moonlight White (Polar Bear), Summer Sky & Bahama Blue ~ Stazon Midnight Blue ~ Versafine Black ~ Inkadinkado Ink Dot in Silver ~ DI Stormy Sky & Broken China
- Embellies: Flowers from a UK pound shop ~ Stickles Holly, Xmas Red and Crystal ~ Water colour pencils ~ Silver EP ~ Blue gems from Michaels ~ Cartwright Sequins (packed for Hero Arts)
- Tools: Cuttlebug ~ Nesties Labels Eight ~ Marvy Uchida Scalloped punch ~ McGill Branch Punch ~ Zig Aqua Pens ~ Foam dots
Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ January Sales (Mimi was only $7 from PBStamps, DCWV paper was 40% off )
The Crafty Pad ~ Something Girly (What’s the fascination with shoes!!!)