Lot’s of Spring themes at the moment and rightly so too as we’re finally seeing the back of Winter in The Great Frozen North, at least the worst of it anyway. We might still get a bit more snow as the weather fluctuates here and there but at least I know that it won’t stick around for very long if it does fall. There’s a few Crocuses in flower in my garden at the moment and the daffodils are now at least 2″ high. I even dug my propagator out yesterday and started off some tomato and pepper seeds too, I’m so ready for Spring.
My card today is for a number of challenges and features a cute little House Mouse called Muzzy taking a nap in a Tulip, you’d have thought that as he’s just woken up from a long winter of hibernating he wouldn’t actually be needing any extra sleep!
The LO is based on the sketch from this month’s Fuzzy Wuzzy challenge. I made a 6″ x 6″ card base out of kraft and covered it with a piece of paper from a Making Memories pack called Poolside and Greenhouse, which as you can probably guess, is half blues and half greens. The yellow spotty paper is also Making Memories, this time from the English Garden pack; and the final piece of green is from DCWV Spring Flower Shower pack. The dark green for edging and also along the horizontal piece is from a really old DCWV pack, back in the days when the patterns were very plain and they also included a few thin bazzil like textured card coordinating with the pattern colours in the pack. I water coloured the image with Distress Inks, adding a bit of depth to the mouse and the tuilp with pencils. The Tulip came out a little more orangey than I was aiming for, it should have been yellower! I also added a little bit of Stickles to the petal edges too.
- Card: Kraft from JoAnn ~ Green card from DCWV
- DP: Making Memories Poolside & Greenhouse and English Garden ~ DCWV Spring Flower Shower
- Stamps: House Mouse Flower Bed ~ Heidi Grace Border stamp
- Inks: Versafine Black ~ DI Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Stormy Sky, Frayed Burlap & Vintage Photo ~ Memento New Sprout & Cottage Ivy
- Embellies: Ribbon, roses and gems from Michaels ~ Flat Yellow flowers from Jolee ~ Fruit Punch Stickles ~ Water colour pencils
- Tools: Martha Stewart border punch ~ EKSuccess Scalloped Photo Corner punch ~ McGill Fern punch ~ Oval Nesties ~ Cuttlebug
Sir Stampalot ~ Spring Is In The Air, with Yellow and Green and/or Pink (I decided against the pink)