I think that this card just might qualify for the pinkest most girliest card I’ve ever made! It took me almost all day to do it and I’m seriously out of my comfort zone I can tell you!! But I persevered and I do like the end result which is often a bonus these days!
I water coloured the image with Distress Inks, adding a copious amount of Crystal Stickles to her wings, her wand and a bit on the flowers too. All the papers are from a Pink Petticoat pack free with a magazine. The card is a mix of DCWV, The Paper Company and Penny Black, all from the scrap box.
The flowers are all handmade with two Memory Box dies, one plain the other scalloped. I’ve had them for a couple of weeks but this is the first time I’ve used them, a bit fiddly at first but I got better with them. I added clear gems in the centres of the smaller ones. The other little flowers were cut with a punch.
I made a gatefold card, using pink organza ribbon to tie the sides with. I’ve left the bow and tails long for now, until I decide to use the card, then I’ll tie the bow better and trim the tails too. I’ve even decorated the inside of this one, which is something I don’t usually do, other than an insert to write on.
I love this sentiment stamp from Studio G, goes so well with the beautiful LOTV image. Oops, just realised the flowers on the inside don’t have the little gems on them yet! I edged all the paper and card with DI Worn Lipstick and the sentiment is stamped with a Martha Stewart ink.
- Card: The Paper Company ~ Penny Black ~ DCWV ~ Bazzil
- DP: Pink Petticoat Quite Contrary
- Stamps: LOTV On Tiptoes ~ Studio G Sentiment
- Ink: Memories Black Dye Ink ~ Distress Ink Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet, Festive Berries, Milled Lavender, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo ~ Martha Stewart Hibiscus
- Embellies: Crystal Stickles ~ Gems from Michaels ~ Ribbon from JoAnn
- Tools: Memory Box Small Posy ~ Scalloped Posy Dies ~ EKSuccess Punch ~ Cuttlebug
LOTV National Craft Month ~ Pink and Girly
Cute Card Thursday ~ Anything Goes
Pixie’s Crafty Snippet Challenge ~ Use Up Your Scraps (Everything apart from the DP came from the scrap box)
Top Tip Tuesday ~ Mother’s Day/Stamping Buddy (Make something girly)