It’s been a while. Too many things have conspired to keep me out of the craft room except for essentials like making a birthday card for my nephew for example. And too many of my favourite challenges have gone by the wayside, top of this list is the House Mouse Monday Challenge. This is one challenge I usually religiously enter as I just love using my House Mouse stamps so much, but even this has had to take a back seat for a while.
But there’s no time like the present as they say, so here’s my first HM card in about three months:
The challenge this fortnight is Circles, Polka Dots and All Round Fun, so I pulled out as much dotted DP and round embellishments and dies as I could muster! The lovely little stamp is called In A Nutshell and I water coloured it with Distress Inks and used a couple of Marvy Le Plume markers and some Stickles for the Coneflower. I cut it out with a Large Round Nestie and mounted it on to a Large Scalloped Round Nestie, addinf white dots with a gel pen. There’s also more Stickles on the water rings too. The light purple paper is Making Memories Emma pack, the red dotty paper is a scrap of MME Summer Papers pack and the pink dotty strips are scraps of a Pink Petticoat pack. The dotty flower and the sentiment are from a Brenda Walton for Inkadinkado clear stamp set, and the dots on the flower got the Stickles treatment too. The button and gems are from Mike’s. I also based the LO on the current sketch at Sketch & Stash.
- Card: Michaels card blank ~ The Paper Company blue offcuts ~ Bazzil Coconut White scraps ~ Canson Aquarelle water colour scrap
- DP: Making Memories Emma pack ~ MME Summer Papers scrap ~ Pink Petticoat scraps (both free with UK card magazines
- Stamps: Stampabilities In A Nutshell ~ Inkadinkado Garden Words
- Ink: DI Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Broken China & Stormy Sky ~ Versamagic Purple Hydrangea
- Embellies: Stickles Magenta & Crystal ~ Wooden button, white gel pen & gems from Michaels ~ Embroidery Floss from Meijer~ Marvy Le Plume Markers
- Tools: Cuttlebug ~ Round and Scalloped Nesties ~ Marvy Uchida Scalloped Punch
HM&FMC ~ Circles, Polka Dots and All Round Fun (I finally got “around” to making a card for this challenge!)
Pixie’s Crafty Snippets Challenge ~ Everything apart from the card blank and the purple dotty paper came from the scrap box
Sketch & Stash ~ Current LO plus neglected Making Memories paper pack and stamp I’ve only used once before.
Simon Says Stamp ~ Anything Goes