Morning peeps, happy Friday the 13th to you!
Scented Garden is the name of one of my new Penny Black stamps that I treated myself to a few weeks ago and as it hadn’t seen ink yet I was happy that the Penny Black Saturday Challenge gave me the opportunity to rectify that.
The PBSC has changed it’s format from a weekly to a monthly challenge and to celebrate they’re having a blog hop, so do go and join in, lots of lovely prizes on offer.
Ooh, that’s odd, the rolled flowers are looking a bit dark for some reason, they’re burgundy in real life! I based the LO on the current sketch over at Sketch and Stash. The image was water coloured with Distress Inks and a couple of Marvy Markers and cut out with a Nesties Label Eight, I think these labels are my favourite out of all the Nesties I have. The backing paper is Raspberry Road and was from a free booklet with a UK card magazine; the green pieces are completely unknown but were also free with a UK card magazine. I’m on a mission not to buy too much more DP as I have such a lot that I should be using up!
All pieces were matted on to card stock from the snippets drawer. The gold leaf branch is from Sizzix (first time of use) and is also a scrap from the snippets drawer. I cut one of the small leaflets off and placed it to the bottom left. The three rolled flowers were made with burgundy scraps and a Memory Box die, the red rose on the left is from Recollections. The little butterflies are also Memory Box and are the offcuts from a border die. The sentiment is Forever Friends and was also a freebie in a UK card magazine!! Spotting a theme here yet? Free stamp, free paper, using up scraps and bits and pieces!!
- Card: Blank from Michaels ~ The Paper Company ~ Canson Aquarelle Water Colour Card ~ Recollections Gold card
- DP: Raspberry Road ~ Unknown Green paper
- Stamps: Penny Black Scented Garden ~ Forever Friends
- Inks: Versafine Black ~ Memories Black Dye Ink ~ Distress Ink Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Stormy Sky, Aged Mahogany & Victorian Velvet
- Embellies: Gold Pearls from Michaels ~ Turquoise & Magenta Stickles ~ Recollections rose
- Tools: Cuttlebug ~ Memory Box Small Rolled Posy Die ~ Memory Box Butterfly Delight Border Die ~ Sizzix Branch Die ~ Nesties Label Eight
PBSC ~ Summertime (And the living is easy)
Sketch & Stash ~ Current Sketch plus new stamp, new branch die and neglected papers and scraps
Penny Black & More At Allsorts ~ Summer Blooms