Another lovely day is almost at a close here in Michigan and I was inspired to make this card by the boys that live next door. It’s been very hot here and very dry too, so whenever their Dad has put out the sprinkler they’ve had a lot of fun running around and getting wet! So when I saw this stamp in my House Mouse collection I knew immediately what I was going to do! What can be more fun when you’re a kid than messing about with water on a hot summers day?
I looked around for a sketch to work from and ran across a new to me sketch blog called Sweet Sketch Wednesday. This weeks sketch is brilliant, I turned it by 90 degrees to better fit my image but I really like how it came out.
Those fantastic papers are all digi and were freebies from Alexa at Trimming The Sails, I’ve had them for a little while but they were unearthed during my rehash of all my paper scraps and digi papers, I thought the larger piece looked like bubbles and they matched the colour scheme I had in mind too.
I water coloured the image with Distress Inks, adding a little of the aptly named Waterfall Stickles to the watering can spray and the little drops. The scroll die is from Memory Box and it got the Stickles treatment too for good measure. All of the card is from Bazzil, the sentiment was generated on the computer and I added a few pearls and a little sheer ribbon to finish it off.
- Card: Card blank from Michaels ~ Bazzil
- DP: Free digi download from Alexa @ Trimming The Sails
- Stamp: House Mouse Tin Can Shower
- Ink: Versafine Black ~ Distress Ink Victorian Velvet, Frayed Burlap, Bundled Sage, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Vintage Photo
- Embellies: Waterfall Stickles, Ribbon from JoAnn, Pearls from Michaels, Elegant Scrollwork Die from Memory Box
- Tools: Cuttlebut ~ Computer & Printer
House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge ~ Summertime Fun
Sweet Sketch Wednesday ~ Current Sketch
Crafty Calendar Challenge ~ Fun In The Sun