That’s the theme at House Mouse & Friends this fortnight. I didn’t think I’d be able to join in as I have no sewing related HM stamps and I don’t have a sewing machine either, and I truly couldn’t see me hand stitching on my card, lol!!
But I was going though my stamps thinking “what to use, what to use” when I pulled out a sewing stamp I never even knew I had!! Brand new and uninked. Seems I might just have to start cataloging my stamps after all then!! I also just happened to be in JoAnns last Sunday morning and found a sewing themed stamp set from The Paper Company Studio on clearance for $2.50! So my fate was sealed, I had to make the card!
So to begin, I searched in the snippets drawer for suitable papers. The larger backing piece is from Provocraft and the floral piece is from MME. It wasn’t quite big enough for want I wanted but I had another smaller offcut that I was able to use and the purple ribbon hides the join! The image is of course Stampabilities Sew What and I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils. It was stamped with Colorbox back dye ink on to Gina K Pure Luxury White cardstock and cut out with a Spellbinders die. I distressed it a little with DI Milled Lavender whilst it was still in the die. The purple card underneath was embossed with a folder I bought in the UK and I don’t recall the name of it!
The sentiment and the tape measure were both from the TPC Studio set I got on clearance. The ribbon, buttons and the gems were from my stash.
- Card: Blank from Michaels ~ The Paper Company offcuts of pink & purple ~ Gina K Pure Luxury White cardstock, also an offcut
- DP: Provocraft & MME both from the snippets drawer
- Stamps: Stampabilities Sew What ~ TPC Studio Sew
- Ink: Colorbox Wicked Black ~ Distress Ink Milled Lavender ~ Versamagic Purple Hydrangea
- Embellies: Ribbon free with a UK card magazine ~ Buttons from The Scrapbook Store (in California, sent by my pal Mary) ~ Bakers Twine from American Crafts ~ Gems from Simon Says Stamp
- Tools: Cuttlebug ~ Spellbinders Labels 17 ~ Stitching Embossing Folder
HM&FMC ~ I Love You Sew Much
Sketch & Stash ~ Current LO and I’m using new stamps
Pixies Crafty Snippets Challenge ~ Use Up Your Scraps