Well, not really, but it is Monday and I hope I have an uplifting project for you! It’ll give you wings anyway, lol. House Mouse and Friends want to see Wings this fortnight so I looked through my stamps to see what I had, and came up with this aptly names “Butterfliers”!
I coloured up the image with lots of orange and yellow papers out on my desk and then completely changed my mind as I was putting the card together and went with blues and purples instead! But I’m glad that I did. The image was coloured with Prisma pencils and edged with DI Broken China. I stamped and coloured the two butterflies again, cut them out, rubbed on a bit of Crystal Stickles and decoupaged them on to the main image. The backing paper is a free Christmas digi download, the plain blue is DCWV and the purple flowered piece was free with a UK card magazine.
I had some pretty pearlescent scraps of paper and so cut out two Memory Box Fauntleroy Crests and two Martha Stewart butterflies, a bit of doodling, some purple gems and I called it done.
- Card: DCWV Bazzil type card for the blank ~ The Paper Company ~ GinaK Pure Luxury White
- DP: Free Digi Download ~ DCWV ~ Free piece with a UK card magazine ~ DCWV Metallic Amethyst
- Stamp: Stampabilities Butterfliers
- Ink: Colorbox Wicked Black ~ Distress Ink Broken China
- Embellies: Gems from Michaels ~ Crystal Stickles ~ Prismacolor Pencils ~ Tsukineko Black ink pen
- Tools: Cuttlebug ~ Memory Box Fauntleroy Crest Die ~ Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
House Mouse & Friends ~ Wings
Sweet Sketch Wednesday ~ Current LO
Simon Says Stamp ~ Anything Goes
My Mum’s Craft Store ~ Spring Has Sprung
Cute Card Thursday ~ Something Old (The papers are seriously old and I’ve had the stamp since last summer but never inked it before!)
Joanna Sheen ~ Layer It Up
Stamping Sensations ~ The Great Outdoors
Addicted To Stamping ~ Use stamping on your card
Pixies Crafty Snippets Challenge ~ Use Up Your Scraps (The white stamping card, the blue matting card, the purple accents and one bit of the plain blue paper are all from the scrap box)