I was asked to be a Guest Designer at the new Christmas Fun Challenge this time round. The challenge runs for the whole month of April so you have plenty of time to enter, you can also win a lovely prize too. The theme for this month is EITHER Christmas Cards For Men or Anything Goes, it’s up to you, and you can enter two times so why not try one of each!!
So here’s my card…
My image is Bigsby Candy Cane from Karen’s Doodles and I coloured him with Prismas, Stickles, Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents before mounting him on kraft card. The sentiment is from a Penny Black clear set, stamped in Memento Rhubarb Stalk and also mounted on to kraft. The paper is DCWV from the scrap box as usual. The punch is from Martha Stewart and cut from more kraft card, I also added a few pearls, possibly a few too many, lol!
And let’s talk about that snowflake!
You wouldn’t believe but it started out as just a plain piece of kraft card, just like the ones used for the backing pieces. It’s a Joy Crafts snowflake die and I dabbed a bit of Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Fired Brick over it and then covered it in Tim Holtz Holographic EP and heated it, and would you just look at the amazing colour it turned! It’s all bronze, gold, silver and crystal at the same time! It’s totally random and totally fab! Love it but probably couldn’t replicate it again if I tried, lol! I’ve also based my card on the current sketch at Sketch & Stash.
- Card: Kraft all the way, including the card blank ~ GinaK Pure Luxury White for stamping
- DP: DCWV
- Stamps: Karen’s Doodles Bigsby with Candy Cane digi ~ Penny Black Winter Wonders clear set
- Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk ~ Distress Ink Vintage Photo & Fired Brick
- Embellies: Glossy Accents on the bauble ~ Liquid Pearls on the other bauble ~ Frosted Lace Stickles on his hat trim ~ Crystal Stickles on the tree branches ~ TH Holographic EP on the snowflake ~ Pearl’s from Michael’s
- Tools: JoyCrafts Snowflake Die ~ Cuttlebug ~ Martha Stewart border punch
Winter Wonderland ~ Use Kraft
Sketch & Stash ~ Current Sketch (very old paper and an unused digi)
ABC Christmas ~ G for Glitter
Pixies Snippets Playground ~ Use Up Your Scraps (all of it)
Crafty Hazels Christmas Extra Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Hazels Patterned Paper Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Crimbo Crackers ~ Anything Goes
Jingle Belles ~ Vintage Inspired
Completely Christmas ~ Anything Goes