Desk day again, number 281 I believe.  I bet Julia has all the info at her fingertips, pop on over for the details.  And yes, before you berate me, my desk is even cleaner this week than it was last week, and that’s because I had a tidy up!  I did make some cards, four in fact, but they were of the quick and simple variety that didn’t make any mess.


So, cards in the centre, Unity stamps on the left that I was going to use but didn’t, a line of little ink cubes in front of them that will be heading to work with some other bits I’m sorting out for a colleague’s two little daughters that like to craft; a lot of pearls along with a scalpel and tweezers, an old pink wash cloth at the front with a bunch of newly washed clear stamps that now need to be put away and the grey blob to the right is a new Lili of the Valley stamp that I won in their daily candy.

On the sock front, the purple Neldoreth’s from a couple of weeks ago are lagging a bit, it has to be said, I’ve just started the foot of the first sock so they’re not much further than when you saw them last.  But get me, I found an error in the pattern and emailed the designer about it so I’m now a bonafide sock designer test knitter helper type person!  The Aquaphobias I showed you last week are at the heel of the second sock now, and then there’s these, I’ve gone and started another pair, not content with the two I’m currently working on!

And these ones are toe up.  I’m not sure what I think of the technique to be honest, there are some definite advantages and they’re knitting up very quickly, but it feels odd decreasing when I should be increasing and increasing when I should be decreasing!  I’ve been calling them my dyslexic socks!  Still, it might be another string to my bow, or yarn strand to my dpn depending on how you look at it!

I’m a bit late calling in on my last few visitors from lat week, so I’ll be hitting them up first before randomly popping round a few more blogs.